Happy 100th Anniversary Quaker Oats! November 19th was the 100th Canister anniversary! We received a ton of things for this occasion including a throwback oats canister, heart shaped measuring spoons, a red oven mitt, baking tags, vintage treat boxes, cookie exchange invitations, a baker’s twine spool, four recipe cards, and a variety of products! Our family was so excited to get the recipes because we personally love cooking and baking! One recipe we love but was not given to us by the company is Peanut Butter-Chocolate No-Bake Cookies. I’m going to share my recipe because I love it so much!
Peanut Butter-Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
-2 cups of sugar
-1/2 cup of milk
-1 stick or 8 tbsp of unsalted butter
-1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
-3 cups of Old-Fashioned Quaker Oats
-1 cup of smooth peanut butter
-1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
-Large pinch of salt
1) Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2) Bring the sugar, milk, and cocoa to a boil on the stove on medium heat. Let it boil for a minute. Stir occasionally.
3) Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
4) Use a spoon to put even amounts of the batter on the cookie sheet.
5) Let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes or until completely hardened. I personally freeze them because my children are too eager to eat them to wait that long. Who are we kidding…. I am too! 😉
With the holidays coming up and everyone baking, we are going to have a Christmas Eve Cookie Exchange with my in-laws. I’m really excited to share my cookies with everyone but also to spend time with family. Quaker doesn’t want to leave anyone out either! We have a giveaway for one lucky winner to receive their own 100th Canister Anniversary kit for you and your family to enjoy! Our family definitely loves the oats and what you can do with them, so we know your family will too!
To Celebrate Quaker Oats 100th Anniversary they are offering to give one lucky winner this wonderful prize pack to hold your very own Cookie Exchange Party!
· Heart-Shaped Measuring Spoons – to help add a little love to your holiday baking
· Red Oven Mitt – always handy to have for baking!
· “Baked with love” Baking Tags – the perfect way to package up holiday treats for your friends and family
· Vintage Style Treat Boxes – to make a complete gift package with your baking tags
· Cookie Exchange invitations – to invite your loved ones to be part of the treat gifting!
· Red and White Baker’s Twine Spool – for a decorative gift accent
· A set of four Quaker recipe cards for holiday baking inspiration
· A variety of Quaker products to stock your pantry for holiday baking
12/21/15 – 1/3/16 EST at Midnight
US Residents only 18+. Winner will be announced via email.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."